The Ortho-Kinetics® Institute is dedicated to research, development and advanced educational training programs for professional trainers, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Clinical Massage Therapists and other health and fitness professionals.
The Ortho-Kinetics® Institute will also produce new educational resources, products, and tools for the advancement of human health and performance. The scope of Ortho-Kinetics® both in practice and in instruction is focused in the areas of Advanced Assessment methods, Corrective & Performance Based Exercise Programming and Biomechanically based Training Techniques. We also integrate and are a provider for specialized manual therapies and soft tissue techniques.
The Ortho-Kinetics® Institute is based within the TELOS Fitness Center and headquarters for the Ortho-Kinetics® Trainer, and Ortho-Kinetics® Therapist programs. These programs are the most extensive educational and training programs within the industry totaling over 500 hours of intense class work, hands-on training, some independent study and internships. These programs are designed for career minded personal trainers, athletic trainers, physical therapists, and other industry professionals who seek advanced education and strive to improve their assessment, programming and training skills.
The Ortho-Kinetics® Trainer program consists of, the “Professional” Trainer (PTR) and the “Specialist” Trainer (STR) courses. These programs are designed to produce extremely knowledgeable, skilled and proficient physical trainers. Ortho-Kinetics® Trainers will be well prepared to be leading trainers within the fitness industry skilled in providing Advanced Assessment Methods, effective programming systems, and will be armed with literally hundreds of new Proprietary Corrective and Performance Based exercise movements. Ortho-Kinetics® Trainers will also be specially trained to work along-side and in cooperation with other health providers such as Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Occupational Therapists, and Clinical Massage Therapists as post-rehab and preventative exercise specialists
The Ortho-Kinetics® Therapist program is also the “Master” Therapist (MTX). The Therapist level courses will empower Ortho-Kinetics® Trainer/ Therapists to legally perform specific “clothes-on” manual therapies and tissue treatment techniques, such as “Muscle Activation Techniques” (MAT) & “Active Release Techniques” (ART). Ortho-Kinetics® Therapists will learn to integrate such specialized manual therapies and tissue treatments into their corrective and performance training to help correct muscular imbalances, improve movement performance and help eliminate pain beyond what training or treatment can accomplish alone.
The Ortho-Kinetics® Trainer program consists of 8 interdependent (18) hour modules.
- All modules within each course level are intricately linked but not necessarily sequential allowing students to take missed modules at future dates.
- All modules are 18hr CEC approved for most major certifications, therefore they can be taken individually to simply gather new information and maintain mandatory continuing education credits.
- All modules are intentionally limited to small groups to emphasize individual attention, promote higher student participation, & maximize the learning process.
- For those with challenging schedules, modules can also be scheduled to take through private tutoring sessions for an incremental fee.
- All lectures & hands-on training modules are taught by Everett Aaberg, and his top Ortho-Kinetics® Trainer / Therapists on-site at the TELOS Fitness Center.